Welcome to swimming lessons at Michael Jamieson Swim Academy. Our team of Highly trained and experienced level 2 qualified instructors are committed to helping you/your child to reaching your swimming goals. If you have any questions about our policies or procedures please don’t hesitate to contact a member of the MJSA management team.
MJSA reserves the right to refuse registration of a participant onto a swimming course in the event any health/medical concerns are identified during the booking process or otherwise unless a medical note/letter from the participant’s doctor approving such swimming classes has been provided.
- Details of how many participants will be in your/your child’s class and whether and adult is required to attend the class with the child will be provided at the time of booking
- Details of the swimming lessons booked including start and end dates will be set out in the booking confirmation.
- Any dates that lessons will not run such as on bank holidays if in a school pool facility will be provided at the time booking.
- The use of mobile phones to take photographs/video footage of the swimming lessons is strictly prohibited. This is to safeguard all participants in accordance with MJSA safeguarding policy.
- The instructors will have use a mobile device for the sole purpose of taking the class register and to update progress on the participant’s.
- In accordance with Glasgow letting policies and procedures no parents are permitted to be on poolside throughout the duration of the lessons.
- Payments for a course booking must be made online through our coursepro Home Portal and in advance of the participants first lesson.
- Payment can be made using the following cards:
- Payment is accepted in GBP
- Private swimming lessons must be completed within 6 weeks of point of sale for blocks of 5 lessons and 11 weeks of point of sale for blocks of 10 lessons. Lessons not taken within this timeframe will be forfeited and no refund will be made for lessons not attended.
- If for any reason MJSA cancel a swimming lesson that was scheduled to run, the lesson will be rescheduled not refunded.
- If for any reason you need to cancel you/your child private swimming lesson 24 hours’ notice must be given or you will still be charged for the lesson.
- If a participant is unable to continue any scheduled lessons for medical reasons, lessons can be held until the participant is able to return. If reasonable evidence such as a doctor’s note is provided a refund can be issued.
- If a swimming instructor is not able to take their usual scheduled lessons whether through holiday or sickness a temporary replacement instructor will cover the period of absence. Refunds will not be made by reasons of lessons being delivered by a replacement instructor.
- If a swimming instructor leaves MJSA another instructor will be provided to take over those classes. Refunds will not be provided by reason of departure or change of instructor.
- If lessons have to be cancelled due to the school not being able to open the facility, all lessons affected will be rescheduled, no refunds will be given by reason of cancellation as long as MJSA have rescheduled an alternative lesson.
- Refunds will not be issued for any reason with the exception of reasons relating to medical conditions as set out above.
- Prior to you/your child’s lessons health concerns may arise that could affect you/your child’s ability to continue safely with the lessons. In these circumstances MJSA reserves the right to require you to provide a note/letter from you/your child’s doctor/physiotherapist or any other appropriate health professional before you/your child continues with the lessons.
- In the event that MJSA determine (in its sole discretion) that health concerns mean that you/your child should not start/continue with lessons, any lessons paid for but not taken can be put on hold or refunded.
- Please not that it is you as the adult participant or parent/guardian of the child participant’s sole responsibility to disclose any medical condition, illness or injury that could affect participation in lessons.
- Please be aware that you/your child’s instructor or any other MJSA staff cannot diagnose and/or prescribe treatment for any form of injury, illness or medical issue.
PERSONAL DATA and GDPR
- MJSA takes your privacy seriously, this section explains the ways in which we may use the information you have provided during the booking process. If you have any queries concerning personal information, please contact a member of MJSA management team.
- Your personal Data can be requested and sent to you at any time by contacting a member of MJSA management team.
- By booking onto one of our courses you are accepting our terms and conditions.
- We reserve the right to retain copies of all documentation submitted by you for up to 12 months after inactivity(not being booked onto a course). After 12 months of inactivity all data that can personally identify you will be deleted from our system, even if we refuse registration on to a swimming course, you decide not to go ahead with lessons or if you/your child’s lesson are terminated by us for any reason.
- You can opt into methods of contact for additional marketing either at point of booking through your home portal or with a member of MJSA management team. If you choose not to be contacted this means that we cannot email, call or text you about any additional programs or courses we may be offering such as holiday courses.
- You may opt out of these additional marketing contacts at any point by contacting in writing a member of the MJSA management team.
- You do not need to opt in to contact to be able to receive our automated emails when you join, move class, due for rebooking, achieve an award, have 3,2,1 sessions remaining leave a program or similar circumstance as these are considered service emails.
- Your information will be shared with any instructor that may take the class that your child is enrolled into so that they know who is attending their lesson and any additional considerations they may need to take into account. Your information may also be shared within the MJSA management team so that they can effectively manage your requirements and needs within our swim program.
- We will on occasion take photographs and/or video footage of our lessons or special events relating to MJSA for marketing purposes, we will obtain separate consent for this and you have the right to opt out of this and/or refuse the use of any imagery that you or your child appears in by contacting in writing a member of the MJSA management team.
I warrant that the information provided as part of this agreement is accurate, true and correct and herby wish myself/my child to participate in swimming lessons provided by the Michael Jamieson Swim Academy. I have read, understood and agree to abide by the terms and conditions laid out in this agreement and understand that they may be amended by MJSA at any time. I agree that this will form the basis of a contact between myself and Michael Jamieson Swim Academy in relation to swimming lessons.
If you need to get in touch with us you can do so at anytime on 07733985575 or via email on email@example.com